Thursday, June 20, 2019

Scrapping for Less & Newton’s Nook Designs and Stampendous


 Good Morning and Happy Thursday!  Today I am on the Scrapping for Less blog to share with you TWO different cards using Newton’s Nook Designs “Vitamin Sea” stamp set & “Seashells” stencil and Stampendous “Cling Jellyfish stamp !

 Here is what I created:  
These first 6 cards were inspired by video that Jennifer McGuire posted about a week ago.  I used my Gina K 3.5”x 3.5” wreath builder template with the Ranger Distress Oxide inks and stenciled the corners of the cards.  Next, I cut paper 3.75”x 3.75” and shaded the outside edges.  Lastly, I cut 4”x 8” cardstock for my card base.  I LOVE this technique that Jennifer shared with us in her video.  I am looking forward to using this technique in the future.


 Here is what I used: 
Newton’s Nook Designs – “Vitamin Sea” stamp set
Newton’s Nook Designs – “Seashells” stencil
Ranger – Distress Oxide “Tumbled Glass” ink
Ranger – Distress Oxide “Carved Pumpkin” ink
Ranger Distress Ink – “Peeled Paint”, “Stormy Sky”, “Tea Dye”, & “Seedless Preserves”
Nuvo Glitter Drops – “White Blizzard”

My next card I struggled with.  I just wasn’t sure how I was going to put it together.  I started by stamping out the “Cling Jellyfish” from Stampendous and using my Scan n’ Cut to cut it out.  I then took the “Tumbled Glass” Distress Oxide ink and shaded the whole the jellyfish.  Then, I took the “Carved Pumpkin” and pressed the ink pad into an acrylic block to use as a paint pallet.  I then painted the jelly fish in “Carved Pumpkin” and highlighted the circles with the “White Blizzard” Nuvo Glitter Drops.  I then cut a card base 4”x 5.25” and “double stamped or 2nd generation stamping” the jellyfish (inking the image and stamping once on scrap paper and then stamping a second time on the card base).  Lastly, I cut a card base 4.25”x 5.5” and shaded with the “Carved Pumpkin” Distress Oxide ink.  Once all of this was done, I used foam squares to pop the jelly fish and assembled the card.

Here is what I created:

Here is what I used: 
Stampendous – “Cling Jellyfish” stamp
Ranger – Distress Oxide “Tumbled Glass” ink
Ranger – Distress Oxide “Carved Pumpkin” ink
Nuvo Glitter Drops – “White Blizzard”

  
 Thank you for stopping by.  Make each day creatively crafty and stay tuned for more craftiness!

~2CraftyKaties

No comments: