The Card Swap Feb - Jul 2013 Guidelines:
- Hostess sends out card kits by the 1st of the month. (Obviously, I'll be a little late this month.)
- Swap participants post cards before the end of the month on their blog. I'd appreciate it if you update your blog post to include links to the other players as the posts go up.
- Each kit should contain enough supplies to make 3-4 cards. You can include envelopes, but it isn't necessary.
- Include both paper and embellishments.
- Supplies should be from your stash, but kits should be all the same (or the same as possible). One purpose of this swap is to use up our stash, not spend more $. Here are some examples:
- If you had a sheet of stickers or chipboard that you want to include, then just include a similar amount in each kit.
- Look at the current Bella Blvd as an example, they have a birthday boy and birthday girl collection that are similar. If someone had both of those papers in their stash, it would be totally fine to send out half boy kits and half girl kits as long as they had similar contents (same # of papers, card stock, embellishments, etc). I just didn't want one person to get pinks with buttons, another to get blues with brads and flowers, another to get ribbons, and another to get none of them. Know what I mean?
- The cards you make should include at least 50% swap materials. You can always add additional embellishments, pp, etc. from your stash.
- Have fun!
Here are the 3 cards and one tag I created:
Here they are individually:
It comes as no surprise that I made a card using an owl image:) The little heart on the butt of the owl is so cute! Note that I used the silver card base and punched a circle out of the silver to mat the stamped image. The white circle is just one of the doilies trimmed down!!
This hippo makes me smile :)
This was a "bonus" project. I used the tag that the washi tape and ribbon was provided on and created a pretty pastel colored butterfly themed tag. I used distress stains & inks on the card and around the little ticket piece. I also stamped the butterfly strip twice to fill the whole tag side.
Hope you enjoyed the creations :) If you want to see what the other ladies created head on over to their web pages: